Packaging a Better Tomorrow
At Accord Carton, we are both stewards of our environment and a company committed to adding value for our customers. For us, sustainability is not simply a popular catch phrase. It represents a value system infusing our entire culture and manufacturing process.
As a result, our products are recognized and certified for best sustainable business practices from leading industry organizations such as the Sustainable Forestry Initiative and the Forest Stewardship Council. In addition, our clients by extension are promoted as being environmentally conscious simply by using packaging created by Accord.
From paperboard to inks and coatings—from green design and development to supply chain management and energy conservation efforts—everything we do stems from an ingrained mindset that tells us we must leave the world a better place than we found it.
Some of Accord’s best sustainable business practices include:
- Producing cartons from both virgin and recycled material—renewable, recoverable, recyclable and biodegradable when composted
- Using soy-based inks and water-based coatings
- Avoiding excessive production steps by employing correct dimensioning, raw material selection and machinability
- Requiring our supply chain partners to vigorously maintain production standards to ensure recyclability of our finished product
- Measurably reducing electric power consumption by changing to a lighting system that utilizes T8 fluorescent bulbs
Learn more about why you should choose Accord